Need some advise on my project

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner2

I am currently planning on a project in the college.

My topic is to design a microcontroller-based probe system, which consist of 3 type of sensors, which is the motion sensor, temperature sensor and the brightness sensor. these 3 sensors will be mounted on a control car which is controlled by a pre-programmable microcontroller. the reading from the sensors will be send towards to a personal computer for recorded.

I am planning to use IR for the motion sensor and thermistor for the temparature sensor.

But i am in dilemma to choose which is a more suitable microcontroller. 8051 uC or PIC?Any comment from the experts over here?

and also any idea on which model of the sensors i should choose?Any recommendations?

Your help will be much appreciated.Thanks you.

It shodnt be to complicated.

You need an MCU whith 2 or more ADCs.The motion sensors output is digital.

Whith PICs you got quite some software out and you can get free samples from micochip.(free shiping too)

You will also need radio modules to transmit and recive the data.

At the PC you will need an nother PIC to deocde the manchester coding and feed it in the PCs serial port.Then you need an program to desplay the data on the PC

They both seem suitable for this application. I would not call it a dilema by having multiple solutions! If only we should be so lucky all the time. If they both are fine, I would tend to use the PIC instead of 8051 based.

1) I think it's easier to write C code than assembler. SOmetimes only efficient assembler will do but not in this case.
2) Pic is well supported with a much larger range of devices & features to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…