Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some other idea on miniature linear actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_e

Hi all,
i'm looking for some miniature linear actuator. As now i've found those
**broken link removed**

PQ-12F Seems good enough for what i'll need to do. Question is... do you know something like this but from other company and cheaper if possible?

The other i found are reaaaaallly too big. I'll need to move about 1-2 pound with it not much. This one have a built-in position pot, so noo need to add extra external stuff... i like that.

Let me know.

Cheers!

You could just adapt a car window motor to do the job the junk yard has plenty. Or just get an electric antenna and adapt it.

I salvaged a mechanism that appeared to have been made as a complete assembly (by another mfr). It was a stepper motor that directly drove a screw so that the motion was linear. I will try to remember to look at it and see who made it. It was not all that large.

Thanks guys. Speed is not a big problem i can play a little bit with it. Travel sould be <100mm. Repetition once in a while. It's going to be a lazy way to fine tune position/orientation of speaker, car tv or else light device like that by remote, RFID, mag card,.. ,.. ,...

I already used step motor in the past for that, but the Linear actuator make things much simple. Less mechanism, less problem, faster to design and so on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back