Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need To Open Door In A Project Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemmard

Hi all,
How do i open a door(just model) once the command signal is one?
In detail, i wish to open a door automatically for my house project model which is pretty small.Need I to use motors? In such case, how do i slide the door in one cordinate?

Thanks

if its to push the door simply use pistons but if its a sliding door use a motor and set a time for it so after that time has passed it would stop moving
EDIT:
oh i see what are you are trying to make here.
you don't have to use a microcontroler at all just like i explained with the smoke sensor make the flip-flop activate a monostable 555 and it should open the door just once

Last edited:
For the sliding door, you just need a microswitch set up in interrupt mode, so that when the button is hit, it stops the motor.

Krumlink said:
For the sliding door, you just need a microswitch set up in interrupt mode, so that when the button is hit, it stops the motor.

Hi guys thanks for your replies.
I have a question here.For the sliding door, need i to use some gear with the motor?For my project , i need to use PIC microcontroller.So , i guess i can code my motor's action time in it.

If this is for a 'Star Trek' model door, there was a circuit I saw last week to make the noise... Will look for it if you are interested. I'm not sure where I saw it, but shouldn't be hard to back-track.

HarveyH42 said:
If this is for a 'Star Trek' model door, there was a circuit I saw last week to make the noise... Will look for it if you are interested. I'm not sure where I saw it, but shouldn't be hard to back-track.

Hi, thanks ! I will be happy if you back-track and provide me the link.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back