Needed: Beeps every 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradl321

Looking for a buzzer/beeper that goes off once every 5 minutes when power is applied (to be used to beep every 5 minutes while the garage door is open so we don't forget).

Really looking for something off the shelf...hoping to avoid having to build something. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Brad

Trucks have these beeper things that annoy the hell out of me while they are reversing. One of these may do the job - might be able to change a component to delay the beeps to give you want you want.

I put a LED on the wall in the Family Room where it was bloody obvious so we remembered to close the door. Sometimes we do want to have it open - while unpacking shopping and things like that.

I just hooked up a reed relay, picked some power from the burglar alarm and jammed the LED into the panel of the alarm controller. The hardest part was keeping the reed magnetically isolated from the metal door.

You should not drive away unless the door is properly closed, so an alarm in the car while the door is open is another little project you can work on in your spare time.

Best wishes.

Aside from a nagging partner, I can suggest physically checking the door status every 5 minutes, or using a video link.

A beep every five minutes

Here is an off-the-shelf solution:

Get yourself a Motorola cell phone type C381. Give yourself a call on this phone and don't touch it.

The phone will beep exactly every five minutes to remind you of the call.

To switch off the beeper just push any button on the device.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…