Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

needing a driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I now live in a civilized area where the internet exists. That being said I am trying to get my desktop online wirelessly I have a netgear WG111T usb Trancever. The last time I pluged it in my desktop went mental and gave the blue screen of death an basically shut it's self down. So i am wanting to try a more up to date driver, but I cannot get it from Netgear's website. It's there i found it but it will not download.

Site
**broken link removed**

Desktop dell dimension 2400 running XP

any help will be appreaciated

It downloaded fine for me; what error did you get (if any)?

I'm a little hesitant to post it but if you IM me I can email it to you (assuming you can receive a largish email).

Torben

It downloaded fine for me; what error did you get (if any)?

I'm a little hesitant to post it but if you IM me I can email it to you (assuming you can receive a largish email).

Torben

This is going to sound a little weard but it just wouldn't download. no error messages nothing. I clicked the link and nothing.:confused:

ill p.m. you my e-mail if you don't mind sending it to me.

This is going to sound a little weard but it just wouldn't download. no error messages nothing. I clicked the link and nothing.:confused:

ill p.m. you my e-mail if you don't mind sending it to me.

It's on the the way. It's taking a while to encode and upload since it's 9.3MB.

Did you just click the link, or did you right-click and select "Save as. . ." from the menu?

Torben

[Edit: GMail didn't let me send it as-is since it's an executable self-extracting archive, so I've zipped it. You'll need to unzip the file I sent and then run the resulting program file.]

Last edited:
Yes and yes. but it does not work argh!!!! i installed the driver the program will open and immediately close. any more suggestions? by the way many thanks for getting me the driver!!

Yes and yes. but it does not work argh!!!! i installed the driver the program will open and immediately close. any more suggestions? by the way many thanks for getting me the driver!!

Have you done everything listed on this page: **broken link removed** ?

Torben

[Edit: By the way, no problem. :) ]

Last edited:
I have tried in the past (2 years ago with a different chip) but will try again with the newer driver. This is not the first wireless chip to give me troubles with this desk top

You say that, but it depends on what you install.

If you stick to good software and avoid warez, free trials, shareware, screensavers and desktop themes then generally you'll be alright.

Some free trial and shareware programs don't uninstall properly, they tend to leave a little something behind that tells the installer not to install it again. Screensavers and desktop themes are a well known source of malware so aviod them at all costs unless you're absolutely sure.

When you're searching for freeware to do a particular task, then try to stick to open source software where possible and download it from sourceforge or the developer's site and compile from source if you can. If a program is open source, then there's little chance of it being malware because all the code it open so any rubbish can be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back