Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Needing some inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunedwolf

Hey all...

I need a little inspiration...

I'm looking at putting together a very short range <1m rf link, perhaps using one of the rfpic's to get a head start...it's what to do with the receiving end that's bothering me. I have looked at perhaps using the RXD0420/ rfPIC12675K combo to produce a small transceiver.
Space is unfortunately at a premium as one end of this link is handheld.
Power isn't too much of a restriction and neither is data rate.

Before I start down a road that's guaranteed to make me lose the rest of my hair, have any of you guys already invented the wheel ?
or if you have came across small (40mm2 or less) transceivers that aren't too expensive can you post a link or two ?

I appreciate any help you guys can offer...

rgds

If you're considering using an rfPIC, I would suggest you have a good read of the datasheet, it's quite complicated to use, and requires various difficult to source components.

There have been various transmitter modules in little round metal can's, about 10mm or so across, often used in key fobs - however, receivers always seem considerably larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back