Neeed help ``part1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've asked numerous questions regarding this transmitter circuit, so to help us help you, may I suggest that you make one thread to ask many questions on one circuit.

Just so everyone knows, I haven't tripple posted, Nigel has joined all the threads together.

Thank you Nigel for merging the threads.

Why do you ask about the 2N3904 transistor in this circuit? It is a very common transistor over here.

Look in Google for the obsolete LM3909 IC and you will find some links where people show how to make one with a few transistors.
Or make your own multivibrator oscillator to turn the transmitter on and off and use a 3V battery.

The cheap 12F508 can flash an LED with the best of them.
You're going to need a programmer too.
A 12F629 or 12F675 are better all around 8pin PICs (14bit core and other perks)

Last edited:
A PIC that runs down to 1V? I don't think I've ever seen one.

You'll need a boost converter if you want to do that.

kartulisupp said:
which 12F508 there are 3 of them.
A programmer ??
The i/p versions are DIP and the easiest to work with for experimenting.
A programmer is how you get your program "burnt" on to the PIC. it's a device that goes between your computer and the PIC. It handles all the special signals, voltages and timing required to program a microcontroller.
There are many kinds from homebuilt $$ to professional $$$.

Edit: as Hero999 mentioned you'll need at least a 2.5V power supply, a couple of AA batteries will do nicely.
**broken link removed**
A Microchip PICStart Plus Development Programmer (old, slow & expensive)

Last edited:
I suggested that on the last page.

kartulisupp,
It's hard luck I'm afraid, the only way of building this is to make a discrere version of the LM3903 as it's no longer made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…