Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

negative reverse field

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheona3

my son was asked to create a negative electric field using an old part out of a television.
the part he was given looks like an ametuer power supply.
he has been given one long wire and an earth.
he is lost completely on how to start ,never mind finish.
does anyone know how to complete this task.
many thanks:mad:

Need to know more about the negative electric field voltage required and what type of parts he has.

If it's the flyback transformer, that can generate a nasty high voltage. But that normally generates a positive voltage for the picture tube anode. You'd have to reverse the rectifier diode to get a negative voltage (and field).

reverse field

hi sorry for the confusion.
i can now view your reply, The teacher said if correctly done they could make things go backwards(such as spindle on an old electric meter)or the motor on a fan etc.
i am puzzled ? although i am not the smartest person regarding electronics, i am sure someone will have the knowledge.
thanks.
the teacher said to build not to try unless under controlled circumstances and he will test and mark accordingly.
my son says his mates have completed but will not tell him how

many thanks

Sorry but from what you've said it sounds like total rubbish. A motor requires AC to work and a TV flyback produces DC so it makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back