Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoil9

Hello all. Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.
My name is Will, I'm from Chicago and I just signed up. Been lurking over the forum for a little whiles now and decided that it was time to become a member.
Spent 7 yrs in the Army and now I am an EE student in my second year at U of I in Chicago (UIC) going for my BS.
Still to early to know what I'm going to focus in, but it'll most likely be communications as that is what UIC offers the most classes in. I seem to be most interested in embedded circuits and digital design but they require to many programming courses as pre-reqs and I'm not a fan of programming. Maybe when I get my masters I'll focus more on the digital aspect of things.
But that is that. Thanks for having such a forum.

- Will

Brownout, if you don't mind me asking, where were you at?

All over baby. Ft. Biss, Wildfleckin Germany, Ft. Gordon and finally Ft. Huachuca.

All over baby. Ft. Biss, Wildfleckin Germany, Ft. Gordon and finally Ft. Huachuca.
Sweet, I went to AIT at Bliss in 01-02. One of the things I loved about the Army was being single and being able to move all over.

You're a 7-year man in the army? and now doing EE? So how old are you?

Just turned 27. I was out of high school for about a month before I was in basic training. Then I got out in July 08 and started school in Aug 08.

Did you do the Dyer Street Boogie? LOL!

I'm going to say no only cause I don't really remember much of Bliss. Being in the tradoc environment I didn't get out much, and even when I had free time back then I was a nerd and was studying my course work.

Ah too bad. El Paso was alot of fun, at least when I was there back in the late 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back