New guy! Need help with checking my electronics exam! ASAP!#5

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikiter

hi guys and gals...found this site through google looks really good...full of info and such as

about what im all about:
So Im taking online course for Electrical Technician and really want to do good just like any other person in this world.
Don't get me wrong I do my studying and do all the self checks but sometimes even that not enough for me to get 100%.
So I'm just asking to check some of you guys my exam answeres and point me in the right direction.

All the answeres I circled in red.
I would really appreciate your help guys.

ok i also have to mention that this is the hardest so far...honestly i had such a hard time getting answeres for this exam....i reaaaaallly need somebodys help
if somebody can even help me over msn or something

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

kinda and kinda not....i do want to get good marks....so far im at 85% in this course
and i do not have any teachers...this is a home course.....i teach myself....so i think i can ask for some help
that is all

Is the exam from 1961?
It shows vacuum tubes, unijunction transistors and PUTs! Even tunnel diodes are on it! I bought a tunnel diode in about 1961.
It has nothing about modern parts.

Well I won't answer your unmarked questions but will give you a hint on some you answered wrong (in my opinion)

recheck your answers on 7,14,16,20 and 23.

Good luck

Lefty

OK I will bite and give you a few clues.

Q7 The DIRECTION of deflection is...

Q14 Find the voltage across the resistor, then apply Ohms Law to the resistor.

Q16 Just read a book on vacuum tubes.

Q20 What voltage does the coil need to operate?

Q21 The answers are a bit suspect, this is a bad question. Your answer COULD be correct, but it is not the best answer of those available.
Read a book on vacuum tubes.

Q23 What do you think a beam power tube is. It is NOT a CRT.
Read a book on vacuum tubes.

JimB

nikiter said:
thanks
wow, looks like i need serious help with this
No one's going to just give you the answers as this forum is all about helping people and it wouldn't help you in the long run.

However, as you have seen, we don't mind pointing out where you've gone wrong or making hints.

An online course from 1986? Isn't there anything more recent for you to study? Don't get me wrong, antique technology is fun and all, but obsolete just the same.

Andy1845c said:
An online course from 1986? Isn't there anything more recent for you to study? Don't get me wrong, antique technology is fun and all, but obsolete just the same.

Yes in my opinion, the institution giving the OP this exam is doing him a dis-service with all this old stuff.

When I saw this exam, I was instantly reminded of the library.. talk about a place for ancient/outdated/obsolete information!

Valves were still obsolete back in 1986, there again most modern tutorials still contain components that are 20 years or more out of date so it's no surprise that the same was still true 20 years ago.

Hero999 said:
Valves were still obsolete back in 1986, there again most modern tutorials still contain components that are 20 years or more out of date so it's no surprise that the same was still true 20 years ago.

I was in college back in the early 70's, valves weren't covered at all, even back then!. The ONLY mention of valves was one afternoon when the normal lecturer was away, and a different guy came and did a lecture about valves - which wasn't the planned lesson! - this would have been 1973.

I graduated in 1975 but we did spend a few weeks studying valves.
But the only time I have used the knowledge is to amaze young techs who have never before seen a valve.

nikiter said:
Gosh....this is hard for some reason

Real learning is frequently hard for many of us, and more importantly a test of commitment and desire to master the subject.

Good luck

Lefty

ok here's the thing....im gonna try again....gonna do all the quastions....gonna try to find all the answers

just check me after please.....i really wanna get good marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…