New LCD TV Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

The other day we got a 32" LCD TV, because we wanted a bigger TV, so they gave me the old 26 inch (about 2 months old) and hooked it up to my Computer, so now I have ETO on 26 inches of wide screen happiness

Attachments

• TV.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 310
But unfortunately the resolution isn't very high

No where near what a monitor will provide.

Yip, that is unfortunate.
Also the dot pitch of tv screen are usually lower than that of an monitor.
Oops again.

I've heard that if they had to put the same kinda technology that goes into computer monitors into a tv of average size, you'll fork out close to 100 grand for that tv.
This was from a tv salesman.

If I were you, I'd get my paws on a nice 24" lcd monitor, this size for some reason delivers mind blowing performance compared to 20" and 22" siblings.
They are not too pricey at all. (If you can afford that big tv in any case)

Yip, that is unfortunate.
Also the dot pitch of tv screen are usually lower than that of an monitor.
Oops again.

You're thinking CRT's - it doesn't apply to an LCD.

I've heard that if they had to put the same kinda technology that goes into computer monitors into a tv of average size, you'll fork out close to 100 grand for that tv.
This was from a tv salesman.

He was telling you a load of rubbish!

You also don't want higher resolution on a TV - by matching the resolution to the picture you get the best possible picture.

Yes, you're right, important with LCD performance is contrast, response time - (controversial one), and to some extent (personal preference) the resolution.
My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…