New Project Help. How do I put this on a breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
You people have helped me much in my previous project (and now it is running minus a minor glitch in the programmin that I will check today).
For that I thank you all very much.

I am starting another project. I have a question about a circuit but that will come in a later post.

first the basics...
Take a look at the picture. It is a signal conditioner . as you see it has 16 pins. (All on one side!) I have to build some circuit on a breadboard... How do I manage to insert this on the breadboard.? the Pins seem to be so small and the weight of it makes it fall down... is this possible???

Attachments

• P1020880.JPG
    782.5 KB · Views: 251
Try it. If it goes in and you can pick the whole thing up and shake it without it coming out then it is making good contact. If it comes out then solder a sil header to it. **broken link removed**

Mike.

thank you. A "sil header"... right...? I will look for it

anyway, to the main problem. I have been asked to implement this circuit on a breadboard:

(see attachment)

and there are some parts that I dont get. Can someone please comment about this.

My doubts are::

1) the Power for the circuit: It says +V and -V! So far when I power a circuit I put let's say +5V and 0 (ground) . What is this -V they are talking about?

2) I guess upper left is for connecting the power. BV seems to stand for "bridge voltage"...

3) I suppose I should connect the transducer (a strain gauge) to BV and IN

4) The output of my system is going to be SIG (for the signal) and COM which is Ground???
(by the way, is -BV also 0???)

Any comment about this circuit is welcomed. I appreciate your help

Kansai

Attachments

• sensorcircuit.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 160
1) the Power for the circuit: It says +V and -V! So far when I power a circuit I put let's say +5V and 0 (ground) . What is this -V they are talking about?
You'll need a positive AND a negative supply. ie: +12v to +V and -12v to -V where both supplies are referenced to 0v. (The 12V level is a guess. It could be 5V, 15V, etc.)
Post a link to the datasheet or manufacturer of the plug in module you are using.

Last edited:
What is this -V they are talking about?

That is the negative voltage... I was able to obtain a +9/-9 but hooking two 9 volts in series... put the + of one battery to the + rail on the breadboard, then take the - of the other battery to the - rail on the breadboard. Then hook a wire where the - of the first battery meets the + of the second battery. That wire in the middle is the common/ground wire.

I'm sure there are better ways (and better explinations)... I know there are better ways.

check out...
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/generate-negative-voltage.4407/

or...
generating -9v rail from 9v battery - All About Circuits Forum

Good luck!

I see... While reading all of this I kind of had that pictured in my mind. Is that safe????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…