New Project Ideas

Should there be a seperate group for new project ideas?

• Yes - Improved organization of groups due to popularity of topic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - It really doesn't matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Optikon

The current group " Electronic projects design / ideas / review"

might be better organized as "Electronic project design & review"

and add a new group called "New project ideas / getting started"

Do you agree? This group could contain all of the "help me find a project to do type of posts."

Seems like a way to avoid polluting the other comprehensive groups.

I'm not really sure if it would help or not...whenever someone posts about looking for a new project, do they ever get a good answer? I never followed up on any of the threads, all I ever see in them is "Need a project", then the next couple replys just say "We need mroe information before we can help you"...then I never check back, so I dont know if they ever get help.

A downside to that is it's another group for me to look at when I log on here. I pretty much just stick with the first 2 groups and occasionally check the "****-chat" group. I'm sure they wouldnt get nearly as much help as they would with posting it in this section. (chances are, they will just end up double posting in both groups).

thats my $0.02

This is tough, because I want to help people in any way possible, but....

You could pile all of these posts up into one forum and this is what the subject titles would look like:
1.PLEEZ!

2. !!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!with SCHOOL

3.Me student NED HELPO!

4.!!!!GRRR help with idea please!!!

5. TEACHER SAY I FAIL IF NO HELP!

6.****HELPHELPEHELP****

7.URGENT ACHTUNG!!

Would anybody go into that forum with posts like that?

My suggestion would be to lure us into the post with a topic like this:

**Hot/blonde/ swedish babe, msmt's 36/27/35..I need help with replacing batteries in my .......

You make a good point. But I would like to point out that the dead-end threads that you describe will occur regardless of where it is located - I don't think that can be helped. It might be useful however, to at least try and contain all those dead-end threads in one area.

Since many people don't want to come up with their own ideas maybe a FAQ or a grand master list of typical school type project ideas would be useful to point them to.. I dunno.. most people apparently don't use google either...

right! the trash can group.. LOL, just kidding.. Well, a sticky post could exist there with "LOOK HERE FOR PROJECT IDEAS!" and in that post will be some brilliant document listing all the types of projects & what is needed & links to obvious google results...

Can thes posters be steered? that is the question... ;-)

how about a new category called "Strugglers Den" where people can ask anything they want, even if they know nothing. :lol:

the busier a forum gets, the more sections it needs.

I think a new section is needed... that way those of us who get aggravated by the lazy, demanding, constant requests for project ideas can simply not look in that section.

and then nobody can complain about them, because if they do, it's their own fault for going into that section in the first place :lol:

evandude said:
I think a new section is needed... that way those of us who get aggravated by the lazy, demanding, constant requests for project ideas can simply not look in that section.

It wouldn't help, the people who post these requests are probably the same people who can't be bothered to read which forum they should be posting in anyway!.

we need a message detection script to run each time a user makes a post, that way if the post asks us to think of everything for someone, they get redirected to a FAQ page.

Nigel Goodwin said:
It wouldn't help, the people who post these requests are probably the same people who can't be bothered to read which forum they should be posting in anyway!.
Exactly!
That's why I dissagree with creating a new forum.

Dunno if its been said already, but these lazy people are probably not going to go to that new forum, they'll continue posting in whatever forum they feel like.

People have even requested help in the "talk about anything you want to" forum.

[/quote]

This is very funny.

Just make an sticky that statetes reqesting project ideas in detalil.Almost evryone that reqests a project dosent tell nothing.No what shod it be about,not how complex it shod be,not how much experience they have.

Someone Electro said:
Just make an sticky that statetes reqesting project ideas in detalil.Almost evryone that reqests a project dosent tell nothing.No what shod it be about,not how complex it shod be,not how much experience they have.
They don't read Stickies....

Well I exactly donno know, but I think that if there is another group for the discussion for new project ideas will be good. Coz I think that when a newbie joins in n he really donno know in which group that he can really post for a new idea. Sometime he gets n sometimes he doesn't, so i think that its better to have a new group for new project topic with a sticky on it.

zachtheterrible said:
Dunno if its been said already, but these lazy people are probably not going to go to that new forum, they'll continue posting in whatever forum they feel like.

People have even requested help in the "talk about anything you want to" forum.

That's true as has already been pointed out. But not ALL of them will do this. Which means that theoretically it would clean up the other forums to some degree. Whether or not the benefit is worth the trouble, I don't know
but it is guaranteed to help even if one person goes to the right place.

The concensus seems to be split. So there's nothing that can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…