New unit of measure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguarjoe

While in Wall Mart (my favorite summertime hangout ) I discovered some new terminology as we cruised the vacuum cleaner aisles:

The "Debicel"

It is defined as 10X the "leb"

It is abbreviated "bd"

I guess it's a throwback to ohms and mhos?

Last edited:
Joe: If Wallmart is your fave hangout: you need to get out more (save, of course, for the airconditioning)!
Yeah, translations (especially from the Orient) can be funny! I wonder if they snicker when we do it to them. E

I once got a transistor from Radio Shack that had a spec' on the bubble package of: 15 Watts Dissonance.

Ken

Heh. Don't even get me started on WalMart

I work at Kmart temporarily, and I like it better--it'e more open, less crowded, better products, and so on. A few of my customers have actually described walmart as a warehouse, and Kmart as a regular store. And Kmart has air conditioning too

Okay, enough of that. I'm starting to sound like a spammer

Well, at least KMart doesn't peddle stuff branded by a convicted felon anymore. Macy's has taken over that brand. I guess you could call that high class.

BTW, Walmart is the only store in Cleveland that carries decent pickled herring. I have special cloths to wear only for that shopping trip.

John

Last edited:
Well, at least KMart doesn't peddle stuff branded by a convicted felon anymore. Macy's has taken over that brand. I guess you could call that high class.

John

Good point! I don't understand why they didn't confiscate all the money she got illegally after that whole fiasco. She gains millions of dollars through stock fraud, and then goes to jail for a while, but they don't confiscate her "earnings"? Stupid world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…