Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie here introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

A10ECGent

Hello everyone,

My name is Greg. I have been lurking and reading form a while now and have recently joined the forum. I found your site while searching for info on building an electronic scoreboard for our lunchtime ping pong tournaments. First off I'm not looking for a gimme on plans and info. I want to learn how to build it program it and make it work and under stand how I did it. I do not have an electronics background but I have been taking some small online courses as part of my maintenance mechanic appreticeship. I will probably ask a lot of questions, and before I start on my project I plan to do a few of the smaller ones on the forum to get my feet wet. I am game fo rsuggeations on which ones might benefit me most to start with. Also if someone could suggest some good pic programming tutorials to start with. I have googeled for tutorials but there are so many that I didn't know if any were better than the others. Thanks for your time

Hard work spotlights the character of people:

some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses,

and some don't turn up at all. ~Sam Ewing

Many users recommend Nigels tutorials for basics, there is tons of information available just search Google, main problem being there is too much information.

A good concise general electronics reference and tutorial over at allaboutcircuits. Very good ground up information for electronics in general.

Between those two there's more than enough information to start with. All questions are welcome if you get confused about any points or want more details on a subject. Most users here will jump right up to help as much as possible.

Thank you

Thank you very much for the info I will dig in soon

Remembering from what I first started learning electronics, Google was the enemy, just too much information to absorb. Nigels tutorials and allabouts walkthroughs are awesome stepping stones to basic understanding and terminology of electronics and micro controller programming. From there you at least have a series of steps and instructions you follow along with to understand everything. The question come when you run into roadblocks like when you read something for the 12th time and you still say "I don't get that" that's when you ask question here in new posts concisely and simply and then duck and cover for the deluge of information that will follow =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back