Newbie Time delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

em02044

I'm a newbie when it comes to electronics. I need a very simple circuit that delays the input signal (12V) in 5 seconds (doesn't need to be very accurate). Yes, I know that in this forum there are many topics talking about "time delay" but I considered them a little bit complex to me. Can anyone help me with an simple electric diagram. Thanks in advance

What is the load that the timer is switching? Is one end of the load tied to ground or to +12V?

That needs to be specified so as to suggest something.

This is the current circuit:

**broken link removed**

My objective is to when I turn on the switch the light bulb only turns on approximately 5 seconds after.

My objective is to when I turn on the switch the light bulb only turns on approximately 5 seconds after.

Do you want it to remain on, or switch off by itself? Your first post suggests you want it to shut off after a certain amount of time, but I just wanted to clarify this.
Der Strom

If you want to be able to control when to turn them off, via the same "switch" as the whole circuit, then what you are looking for is called a "delay on make" circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…