Newfound Elec/Warp 13 out of biz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

Is Newfound Electronics, the ones who make the Warp13 programmer, now dead?

Signs not-so-good:
1. Dontronic's stock of Warp13: "Sorry, sold out, and we are not sure if, and when new stock is coming."
2. The Newfound Electronics website said they were no longer providing email tech support, and the email contact was only for reporting bugs.
3. https://www.newfoundelectronics.com/ is down, gone, 404'ed, and has been for days now.

Are we out of luck? It's a great programmer, and I'm sure it will keep doing its job on the parts it did before, but I need to program the PIC18F4620 and, despite being very similar to the PIC18F452 (just larger), the software didn't support it yet! And it doesn't use text-based config files I could hack with a larger memory space.

What are my options for programming an 18F4620?

The firmware for the warp13 is in the PIC on the board (as it's a true serial port programmer), as I remember they provided updates as a HEX file you blew into your own PIC. You could disassemble the HEX file and add support for the 18F4620, if the only difference is memory size it should be very easy.

But if the only difference is the size?, does it work as it is?, it should do, but obviously only program the smaller amount of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…