NiMH Battery Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilera

I have a 7.2volt 3300Mah sub C battery pack and i wish to replace the cells. I have a choice of 3000 or 3600 Mah. Can somebody please tell me which would be preferred bearing in mind the charger is built into the test set that the pack fits in to.

Dont think it makes a lot of difference.

If they are ni-cad then I'd go for the 3000's, and if nimh 3600's.

Oh yes weldome to the forum.

The size could be SLIGHTLY different. It may or not be a problem.

I have a gas detector which uses AA batteries, BUT only a NiCd AA will work. It's not a pack. A standard AA battery is slightly too long.

I always check the size. Most of the time I get my packs from Digi-Key.

Modern pre-charged Ni-MH battery cells are nice to have because they hold a charge for nearly 1 year, their capacity is a little less than older cells. Ni-Cad and old Ni-MH cells become dead in a month even if they are not used (useless for an emergency flashlight or radio).

Hi gilera,

I read "sub C" but i dont think i saw "NiMH" with that when referring to the OLD pack. Was the old pack NiMH or NiCd ? Because if it was NiCd then you have to change the way it is being charged. The old charger would have been made for NiCd not NiMH. There's a difference.
I'll wait for you to verify or correct this fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…