no life in GBC HEAT SEAL H312

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostman11

hi guys not sure what info i can give here. i have a heatseal h 312 wich has been working ok, i pluged the beast in and all was well it was warming up nicely, i had it set to the higest setting and went off to eat for 30 mins. when i returned the lights were off and it was cooling down , i have checked the fuse in the plug and its fine, there is line voltage going into it. now i read somewhere there is a thermal fuse on theese but i cant see where inside, anyone got any ideas what might be wrong or where i start?

It should be in line with the wire for the heating element and will likely be thermally connected to the extruded aluminium heater mount. On my laminator, the thermal fuse is in a silicon (?) tube and jammed into a lateral slot in the extrusion.

If you're replacing the thermal fuse, use a crimp to attach it; don't solder it in

thanks for that i will give it a go, its all i can think of trying. if its not the fuse then i guess its toast

actualy one more question seeing as ive never used a thermal fuse.........i take it if its ok then it should show continuity on a meter?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…