Nokia gsm connected to house alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cctv

Hello all, What type and model of relay conected to house alarm pannel and selected key on nokia gsm in speed dial mode would ring phone to allert me when alarm has been activated, i originally posted looking for help and was given some great ideas including this one which i think is most straight forward, also could diagrames be posted along with instructions on how to complete this task on connections and components needed, many thanks, cctv.

Weird, last post did not post. Here is a shorter one.

How about a solenoid over the button in a jig with an RC to hold it long enough to dial? That was the phone is not opened.

Or where you thinking of a relay across a button contact?

Does the phone stay on without going to sleep (battery save mode)?

Mramos1, thanks for reply, was thinking of relay accross speed dial button to phone my number when House alarm has been trigerd, thinking of leaving gsm connected to charger but on a timed plug, not sure how to connect up relay from alarm pannel and to gsm also how do i connect wires from relay to gsm what part of gsm board do i soilder wires from relay? or is there a simpler way, regards cctv.

If you are sure the phone will stay running and not sleep.

This is a more mechanical way, build something to hold the phone and screw a solenoid over the key. Use a relay contact from the panel to power a one-shot (LM555) to fire the solenoid (hold the button). Crude but an idea.

Is this a phone you are willing to hack up? There is a howard forum for phone hackers that can probably help you. They can tell you how to hook a relay to the button in the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…