Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NOPPP software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kac121

anyone know which compiler can compile this ? i tried visual c++,dev c++ and borland c++, all cant compile successful

Attachments

• NOPPP.C
    24.3 KB · Views: 211
yup i did read through the whole thing, but isnt microsoft c=visual c++ ? and i did tried using PACIFIC C compiler to compile it under dos, there is an option to compile the source code for 8088 but still many problem ocurring. Most of the compiler give me the same problem related to _outp,_inp,_getch(),_kbhit() function. I tried to remove the underscore and add in dos.h file and PACIFIC compiler able to compile them successfully but when i run the program compiled using PACIFIC compiler, all port detect setting run out of setting, when using original program it can detect port address 378H but if i compiled it with my compiler, it getting port address of 4349H, when i fixed the port address to 378H, it can detect the hardware but it cant burn the hex file into the pic. Using the original problem do not having any problems. sorry i'm very blur in programming :(

and i did asked from the author and he told me that he seems using borland c++ but he not sure about it cause he wrote that long time alraedy.

kac121 said:
yup i did read through the whole thing, but isnt microsoft c=visual c++ ?(

No, MicroSoft C is for DOS, and Visual C++ is for Windows - they aren't very compatible!. Presumably you could modify the program to run it under Visual C++?, but bear in mind you can't directly access the hardware from Windows XP (or any NT variant).

Buy an old PC, install DOS I recommend FreeDOS which is better than MS-DOS. I don't know about compiling it though, MS no longer make C for DOS, you could try Watcom or DJGPP I suppose.

You might try Turbo C from Borland?, you can download a free copy from the Borland website - FAR, FAR, faster at compiling than MicroSoft C (hence the Turbo name).

i have downloaded a turbo c tools version 6.0 and microsoft c 5.0 and 6.0 but all in .NG extension. How to access this kind of file?

i think these ng file are just some help/library files. I have installed the turbo c version 1 and 2.01 and both compiled with errors.

I MIGHT still have Microsoft C 7.0 for DOS at the office in storage.
And the old Turbo C.. They will be 5 1/4 floppies you know?

I will pull the code and look at it.. But can you re-write it is BASIC, it is free on the old DOS disks. ASM as well.

OK I looked at it.. Nigel was very kind, "Microsoft C" at the top :) . Also, the "compile as 8088" would tell you it is a DOS program..

Can you not search for noppp.exe and just pull the binary? Are you tring to make changes to the source for some reason?

i have downloaded msc6.0 but only 7 .IMG file, how to extract this or install this? i've tried ultraISO, powerISO, nero and alcohol but all cant read this file

my friend help me compiled using vc++ and msc6 both having same error

Compiling... NOPPP.C c:\noppp.c(161) : error C4226: nonstandard extension used : 'far' is an obsolete keyword Error executing cl.exe.

anyone know how to fix this error? i've tried to remove the far keyword and also tried incluce malloc.h file but both method not working.

problem solved, i have compiled it successfully with 0 error using microsoft c compiler v7.0. Thanks for all the helps :D

kac121 said:
i have downloaded msc6.0 but only 7 .IMG file, how to extract this or install this?
.IMG may be a disk image. Try to use magiciso to read or extract this image file.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back