Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Normally On Blinking Light Bulb From 555 Timer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit Dude

Hi all,

I’m designing a circuit that will use a 555 timer to blink a light bulb. However, the bulb needs to be normally on and will blink only after the timer starts oscillating. The light bulb load will be 12VDC at ~5A.

Attached is a schematic of a circuit that I built using a N-channel enhancement mode MOSFET. The design works great with an LED. However, once I replace the LED with an incandescent light, the bulb stays dark. Does anybody have suggested changes to this circuit that will make a bulb like an automotive taillight blink?

Thanks for your help!

Try the first circuit. Obviously use the correct value components.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back