Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nuisance telesales

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I've heard that it's possible to nobble the autodiallers used by telesales companies by sending a tone when answering the phone, causing your number to be removed from their "to dial" lists. Any info on this? Does it work in the UK?

Info...

Here in the States, this item is marketed under the name tele-zapper. I can't tell you much but it appears to work as you say with a tone generated by the unit. I have no idea if it works in the UK but since the same companies manufacter the calling software, I don't see why it wouldn't work.[/quote]

spuffock said:
I've heard that it's possible to nobble the autodiallers used by telesales companies by sending a tone when answering the phone, causing your number to be removed from their "to dial" lists. Any info on this? Does it work in the UK?

In the UK you can register with a government agency to prevent telesales calls, you then simply pass the name of the company to the agency and the company are fined.

It takes a few months to work through, but after that the calls stop coming.

calls from the States"cant be traced or intercepted" according to bt.So we're stuck with them. Is the "unobtainable" tone in the States the same as here, namely 400Hz? I can always try sending them some.

Do a Google search for SIT (Special Information Tones). Look at the 3 frequencies and time duration of each. All are +- 50HZtolerance so should work in UK or USA. You will find one tone frequency common to all 7 classes of SIT tones. First generation autodialing software looked for this tone only, next gen looks at all 3 to determine exact cause of non-hookup and may recycle the number for a later time if the situation fits.
You may get by using only the common tone, but when in doubt, use all 3.
Dialtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back