Oa91

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.power

Hi guys,

Can an expert Please suggest me an alternative for "OA91" Germanium diode?
Can I use 1N60 or 1N4148 instead ? If not then...?

Why don't you look at their datasheets??
Germanium diodes are more than 45 years old. They have not been made for many years but some stores hoarded them.
A 1N34A was a common germanium diode in North America.

Why don't you look at their datasheets??
Germanium diodes are more than 45 years old. They have not been made for many years but some stores hoarded them.
A 1N34A was a common germanium diode in North America.

Thanks audioguru,

Is the 1N60 diode old enough as others??
Why they are not made today?
I remember one day I use them In radios and of course in crystal radios. What is the new replacement for them?

Hot carrier signal diodes are good replacements.

Like MBD301.

If using for signal detection, the lower the junction capacitance and faster the recovery the better.

Germanium diodes and transistors leaked a fairly high current. Silicon ones do not.
they were used as the detector in AM radios but modern high gain circuits do not need them.

If it is intended for use in Crystal Radios, you still need'em to detect weaker radio signals. I use OA79 and it's been in market for around 45yrs. I still get many in local electronics shops. Their price going forward high in recent years and probably no more availability in future. So collect them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…