Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

obtaining stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I need a dozen or so PIC16F887. Does anyone know where I might get these without
1) Sixteen pounds surcharge to get them from the states,
2) Six weeks lead time,
3)Providing details of my ancestors unto the thirtieth generation, sexual preferences, and name of dog.
A simple debit card transaction and immediate dispatch would be nice.
Thanks.

spuffock said:
I need a dozen or so PIC16F887. Does anyone know where I might get these without
1) Sixteen pounds surcharge to get them from the states,
2) Six weeks lead time,
3)Providing details of my ancestors unto the thirtieth generation, sexual preferences, and name of dog.
A simple debit card transaction and immediate dispatch would be nice.
Thanks.

Try,
CPC in Preston.... www.cpc.co.uk they are part of the Farnell Group.
I buy most of my components from them, including 16F877, they will
take phone C/C or open an account.
Next day delivery, free over £40 nett

Eric
EDIT:
crap: misread your F887 for F877

Just tried www.farnell.co.uk,, as you say £16/order Ex States, on 3 day delivery.

Last edited:
For shops in UK selling PICs, try here:

**broken link removed**

Or:

**broken link removed**

It turns out that, with the surcharge, buying a dozen from the states is CHEAPER than getting them here. Likely quicker,too. ( microchip direct)

Um why dont you try RS they should have em they www.rswww.com
they are worldwide and UK is head office they love PICs blah

they got em 2.22(bucks)pounds for you poms that is for one offs cheaper buys if ya get more!!!

RS Stock no. 2509535782

Last edited:
Sure they're only 2.22GBP but

a) Extended Range item – lead time 5 to 10 days, shipping and handling charge may apply

b) Orders for Extended Range items with a total value of less than £100 are subject to a shipping & handling charge of £10

:confused:

geko said:
Sure they're only 2.22GBP but

a) Extended Range item – lead time 5 to 10 days, shipping and handling charge may apply

b) Orders for Extended Range items with a total value of less than £100 are subject to a shipping & handling charge of £10

:confused:

well stock up and save !!!

Try Crownhill - even if they dont have them on their website they might be able to sneak them in on an order.

I've received excellent service from them in the past and can recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back