Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ODD CAPACITOR 8n2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tblo163

There`s lots of you looking for this ellusive cap.,There seems to be plenty in the USA. but none in the UK.the 8.2nF equates to 0.0082uF MFD. or 8200pF MMFD.The nearest value in the conversion chart is 0.01uF. This cap seems to work o.k. as a substitute.

There`s lots of you looking for this ellusive cap.,There seems to be plenty in the USA. but none in the UK.the 8.2nF equates to 0.0082uF MFD. or 8200pF MMFD.The nearest value in the conversion chart is 0.01uF. This cap seems to work o.k. as a substitute.

It's a fairly standard value, commonly used in TV's - or at least old CRT TV's.

Hi, Monkey,thanks for the reply,I never thought of that.surprising how you miss the simple things.I was wondering what the result would be if I just left it out?

Hi, Monkey,thanks for the reply,I never thought of that.surprising how you miss the simple things.I was wondering what the result would be if I just left it out?

Without knowing the exact circuit, and what the capacitor is doing, it's impossible to say.

But, the common use for that value is in LOPTX tuning, so the exact value is critical.

Cap values?

Thanks for that,I`ll keep to the values.You may also be able to help me with this;what does 8n2 equate to in uF? also there are caps between the pins of the Bass pot,marked 472 & 473,what do these convert to in uF.The reason I`m asking is my supplier`s chart (Maplins) only shows values in uF.Thanks again,Terry

Thanks for that,I`ll keep to the values.You may also be able to help me with this;what does 8n2 equate to in uF? also there are caps between the pins of the Bass pot,marked 472 & 473,what do these convert to in uF.The reason I`m asking is my supplier`s chart (Maplins) only shows values in uF.Thanks again,Terry

hi,
Look at this link.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back