Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Odd Parallel Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricH

**broken link removed**

I am looking for the parallel port in that picture, it looks like it can be soldiered right to the board. Anybody know what its called or where to buy it?

You can buy those at any electronic component supplier. However, since nobody knows wether you live in Kuala Kumpur, Alaska, or Antartica, suggesting a source is rather pointless.

Please!!!! Fill in your location in your profile!!!! We are not stalkers, we just need some geographic clue so we can give you relevant information.

Remember, the Internet is global, hence the monicker World Wide Web

I have the basic D-SUB 25Pin, but it isn't made to attach to a PCB.

I live in Lockport, NY. However, I doubt there are any suppliers around here. Radioshack is the best I've got, but I'd love to be proven wrong about this, because I need better.

If you can do it, on-line ordering is you best bet. Places like Digikey, Mouser etc have a wide selection. If you can't order on-line, you could try removing one from a scrap computer board, although that may not be easy.

Digikey website: www.digikey.com
Mouser website: www.mouser.com

Digikey catalog page showing d-sub connectors:
**broken link removed**

Note: If you are going to use these connector on prototyping board, the pins are staggered and will give you grief trying to get them into a regular pattern protoboard. There are connectors with straight row pins, but they are a little harder to find.

Perhaps the cheapest way to connect a staggered pin d-sub to a straight grid protoboard, would be to use ribbon cable d-sub and solder the wires into the board. IDC ( insulation displacement connector ) versions of the 25 pin d-sub are common, and fairly cheap. They install the same way as the connectors on the ribbon cables that connect the hard drive in your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back