Odd SD card pinout for the BU94603KV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inglorious89

I'm currently trying to get the BU9406KV to function for me, but one roadblock I've found is that on the datasheet's first schematic shows the pinout for an SD card with names for each of the pins, but compared to the pin names for SD cards that I've found not all of the names match. The schematic also shows 15 pins in total, and as far as I can tell SD cards only have 9-12 pins that are actually used.

Despite the pin name differences will a normal SD card connector work for this IC, and what are pins 12-14 used for?

Attachments

• bu94601kv-e.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 220
yes pins 12-15 are really the chassis/shield of the sd card socket. Probably 4 solder tabs part of the metal shield.

yes pins 12-15 are really the chassis/shield of the sd card socket. Probably 4 solder tabs part of the metal shield.
Are they needed to make the circuit work, do you think? If I get an SD card socket that doesn't have the shield tabs, am I going to be OK if I ignore that part of the circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…