Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Offensive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari7202

how is blame canada such an offensive signature you all got rilled up and offened about my signature and even brought up religion some how? its just a simple quote i did not mean anything by it.

blame canada ehh

Besides, you don't need to spell it out, everyone already knows where to point the finger (guess which one). :)

Depends on who and what, whether it's a good thing or bad thing. Like American drug companies had to lower prices, and offer special deals for retired folks, because Canadian drugs were considerably less expensive and easy to obtain. So for millions of Americans, it was a very good thing.

HarveyH42 said:
Besides, you don't need to spell it out, everyone already knows where to point the finger (guess which one). :)

LOL! It changes depending on who you ask.

God sod America.

its just a simple quote i did not mean anything by it.
If you really don't mean anything about it, and since some others are bothered, why persist?

It may be OK in ****-chat, but I feel it's out of place in the technical forums.

Obveously Nigel hasn't seen this post yet... I might as well get my two cents in, eh? Ummm... what should i say? hmmm....

MEAT LOAF FOREVER
**broken link removed**

Yeah, ok... What is wrong with Canada? And why the need for such a post?

Hank Fletcher said:
I can handle the rest, but that coming from an American is just plain ignorant.
I have to agree. If it came from a Brit., I could understand. If it is from an American, I'd say the cure would be a couple pints of Guiness. (Did I spell that one correctly?)

You could order six pints of Guinness and still forget it has two Ns. Then again, maybe that's because you ordered six pints of Guinness.

Oh no, not another flame thread!

Serioulsy, you cannot tell me a mod hasn't seen this thread yet? Personally i really don't see what canada did to earn "blame canada"?

If it said "Blame America", nobody would give it a second a thought, as it's usually true. It's like whoever just left the party, gets blamed for puking all over the side of the house...

If it said "Blame America", nobody would give it a second a thought...
I dare you to try it. Also, I don't really understand your analogy in the rest of your post. Care to expand?

Last edited:
I can add one thing that upsets me about Canada: Redmond Group of Companies **broken link removed**

They manufacture a plethora of consumer products under various manufacturer names, yet will not ship replacement parts to the US. I'm in need of a backlight inverter board for a 7" Electrohome LCD and they have it. Instead I have to locate someone in Canada who can purchase it and then ship it to me here in the states. Trying to locate that particular board here in the States is near impossible and the only sources here that can get the part, require me to send the whole LCD into them for repair. This is the part I need:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 290
Did you check ebay, HiTech?

Yes, I don't see that particular board there. Sadly enough I do have a couple of alternative inverter boards that electrically work but their pysical dimensions won't fit into the thin LDC panel's cabinetry. I even looked into mounting it elsewhere and lengthening the wires but that's no doable.

HiTech,
I took a look at the link - they list two 7" LCDs under electrohome. Do you have a part number, or something? They also don't give out much info on where to get parts on that web site, unless I've overlooked something. There are service centers here; two in Vancouver, and one in Burnaby, where my school is. I just called, and the one I was able to reach told me that it would be very hard to get parts for electrohome. He did give me the number of someone who may have your board, however when I called I got a machine. They expect a message with a part number, and they will call back with pricing and availability.

If it's just a matter of picking up the board and shipping it to you, I'll do it. I don't have much time to run around looking for it these days, as I'm back in school and that is quite intense. Can you give me a part number or some more info on this puppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back