Omnipost Trinitech Card Project Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubiks.cuber

I have a PC card called an OmniPOST Card, made by Trinitech, Inc, or Omni Diagnostics in Clearwater Florida. Basically is fits in 8 or 16 bit EISA slots (already limiting its application). There are still some for sale online, so someone must be still using them.

I was hoping to use it for any projects that I could interface via PC but do not have a good use. I will describe the card and see if anyone had any good ideas.

The OmniPOST CARD has LED's to show which Power Supplies are working:
+12volt, -12 Volt, _5 volt and +5 volt LED's with meter test points.

IRQ LED's-indicate activity of any IRQ's being used. IRQ 2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,14 and 15. Once that IRQis used, the LED remains on until the RESET LED's Switch is hit. One switch for all LEDS.

Clock and Video LED's: Clock LED on means system clock is running, OSC light meand that video clock is running.

DMA LED's: basically same as IRQ LED's 0,1,2,3,5,6,7.

POST Code Display: THe POST code display is a dual hexidecimal readout that displays POST (Power on self tests) status codes.

It also has a hexidecimal rotary switch that is used to change the ROM address where a sofware diagnostic can be booted to the card. If set to O, pc boots normally and card merely monitors.

Other positions boot the PC off the card, and uses the Operating System built on the card to run various tests.

Can anyone suggest a cool project that might utilize this for something fun? I don't need it to troubleshoot PC's. The only thing I really used it a lot for , was to find truly open IRQ's and DMA's to add OLD modems and non Plug-n-play harware to a system the easiest way to avoid conflict.

Basically it's a POST card, you could use one or some of the decoded outputs to control something but as its an EISA card it probably won't fit in any computer less than 3years old. The main users for these would people dealing with legacy systems in industrial settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…