Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one-knob Tone Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafael_cordeiro

Hi there,

I am building a guitar effect pedal and I would like to add a tone control to it. Most of the controllers I found used two POTs, and I want it to have only one.

I want it to decrease/increase bass and treble together. I think it is called loudness control. I found one that works something like that but it increases treble decreasing the bass and vice versa. The address of this one is https://members.tripod.com/roymal/ReverbTone.htm

Do you know how to change this circuit in the way I want?

I would apreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rafael

I think what you want is called a baxandall tone control.

Edit -

Oops... Didn't read it correctly, I guess that is pretty much what you already found. I can't think of any that boost/cut both bass and treble at the same time, that seems almost the same as simply cutting/boosting the mid?

If you want both, how about a conventional 2 pot circuit using ganged pots (one knob)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back