Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

oops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAREESWAR

:oops: sorry if i had hurt a few...
i was usin different avatar but there was no reply for my question...

:? k fine sorry nigel if in some way disturbed u.

I wouldn't care much about it.
Some people just take this avatar stuff way to seriously :roll:

Hi Nigel,

In the image, the top character means "soft, gentle, smooth, flexible" while the bottom character which you are currently using means "technique, skill, practice, method".

Attachments

• ju.gif
    ju.gif
    4 KB · Views: 742
eblc1388 said:
Hi Nigel,

In the image, the top character means "soft, gentle, smooth, flexible" while the bottom character which you are currently using means "technique, skill, practice, method".

Could it also mean "fuzzy logic"? :lol:

I posted that because the second character is a word referring also to all other types of practices and so does not carry any special meaning by itself. I just wonder why Nigel had chosen it instead of the first, which is what he is practising now and got "belts" for doing it.

eblc1388 said:
I posted that because the second character is a word referring also to all other types of practices and so does not carry any special meaning by itself. I just wonder why Nigel had chosen it instead of the first, which is what he is practising now and got "belts" for doing it.

We usually translate 'Ju Jitsu' as 'gentle art', but as you say the actual characters have a number of similar meanings.

I chose the second one basically at random, but also because 'art' or 'technique' could also apply to electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back