Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op Amp Bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_pay

Hi

What does the bypass pin on an Op Amp do?

I understand that it is for decoupling. But decoupling what?

Is it basically like the capacitor that is put on the power lines of a PIC, just on a different pin to do something internally?

I'm sorry about my simple question, but I'm really confused.

Tom

Umm...yes...considering that I am guessing exactly which op-amp you are talking about.

So tom_pay (catch the word, fellas?), will you pay us to research this concept for you? C'mon now, it doesn't take much to google this! Start here.

I love that website! Don't you? :D

I don't know of any op amps with a "bypass" pin. What op amp are you referring to?

Yesterday he wrongly called an LM380 an opamp but instead it is a power amp with a "bypass" pin. Its datasheet describes that a capacitor on its bypass pin reduces power supply noise on its output. Then he asked why he can't filter the power supply noise by using a huge and expensive supply bypass capacitor instead of a little inexpensive one on the "bypass" pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back