Op Amp Circuit Schematic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanstrian

**broken link removed**

I don't understand how he wants the voltage hooked up. Can anyone explain it? I assume it means I should have a +15V supply going to pin 7 and a -15V going to pin 4. Even if I understand this correctly, three resistors in series between two voltage sources with an arrow pointing to it all doesn't make much sense to me. Where do the resistors, go, exactly?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere in stickies, etc.

Thanks!

Your right. The op amp doesn't have it's power supply pins shown. So depending on which one you decide to use +15 to Vcc and -15 to Vdd. The resistor with an arrow is a potentiometer so you can adjust the voltage input to the op amp. You set the gain with R1, R2 and vary the pot to observe the gain you set.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

The op amp is a 741 single op amp...

So the way I understand it at the moment...the +15 should go through some resistor and into pin 7 and the -15 through some resistor and into pin 4?

EDIT: The truth is that I wasn't even sure that the power supply pictured is what is meant by potentiometer but that would make sense to me...

Last edited:
Wow...I feel like an ass. I was confused about what a potentiometer was...I thought it was what functioned as a knob in the power supply until I just discovered a box of them in a corner of the lab. Yay for drinking a cup of coffee every thirty minutes until the wee hours of the morning when my brain almost doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for the help.

Hey man what did you censure out?
I feel like I am reading FBI doc.
I sometimes google labels ; thats how I found about yenka.

the +15 should go through some resistor and into pin 7 and the -15 through some resistor and into pin 4?
No.
The opamp might not work if you connect resistors in series with its power supply pins.
The resistors are shown connected in series with each end of the potentiometer instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…