OP Amp selection recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftyretro

Hi Group;

I've been stockpiling electronic components recently. I've found some real good buys on E-bay for small and medium quantity passive components recently, Although I still need to stock up on electrolyic caps.

It's now time to start looking at active devices. I of course will get a selection of 3 term regulators, bridge diodes, common npn/pnp, etc. probably should look into MOS transistors also.

I could use some help on analog op amps as there seems to have been an explosion of choices sense the old 741, LM358 days. I'm not looking necessarily for the latest state of the art designer amps but rather a good cross section of current popular devices. Applications would include DC measurement stuff, low noise audio, and who knows what else

So what do people like and why?

Lefty

The MC33171 single, MC33172 dual and MC33174 quad low power single supply opamps are a lot better than the old LM358 dual and LM324 quad opamps. They don't have crossover distortion and have a bandwidth to 35kHz. The others did not make it up to 6kHz.

The TL071 single, TL072 dual and TL074 quad low noise, low distortion and wide 100kHz bandwidth inexpensive opamps work well for audio.

The OPA134 single, OPA2134 dual and OPA4134 quad low noise, low distortion and wide bandwidth excellent audio opamps cost a little more.

Hero999 said:
It really depends on what you want from your op-amp. What are you using it for?

"Applications would include DC measurement stuff, low noise audio, and who knows what else "

Lefty

I find the TL082 to be useful, has some nice trade-offs, works good for 15 cents a pop.

For something a little better, I like the OPA27 (unit gain stable) and OPA37 (gain must be greater than 5), they are in the one dollar each range. (www.ti.com- they come from Burr-Brown line)

There is a decent R-R input and output op-amp that is handy, lets see... **broken link removed**

If you want something small, not too fast, work decent at lower voltages, these work nicely- and only cost a quarter, **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…