Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

opamp advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsn

Hi,
Wondering if someone can let me know if this is okay?

I have an opamp which simply gets a 0-5v input and amplifies it to 0-12v, well it can be anything from 0-12v to 0-12.5v depending on other components.

I have placed a vaiable resistor (see attachment) so I can scale it up to the required voltage. It works fine on prototype board, and wondering if temperature changes am I right in thinking that the voltage will be the same as the ratio in the variable resistor wipers will always be equal?

Many Thanks
Scott

hi,
A non inverting OPA will have a Gain of G= 1+[ Rf/Ri] so with an input of +5V and the pot set half way, you will get +10Vout.

I would not worry about the temperature problems regarding the pot.

If it is critical, I could run a LTSpice simulation over the expected temperature range.??

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the reply.

If you can run the simulator, that would be much appreciated, thanks

Scott

hi,
This is a couple of Sims using generic components, I would not expect a big change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back