Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Open Source / Free Circuit Board Design Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Hi All

Can anyone recommend any Open Source or reasonably priced programs that can be used to design PCB Layouts?

For simple student use.

Kind Regards,
StudentSA

Hi All

Can anyone recommend any Open Source or reasonably priced programs that can be used to design PCB Layouts?

For simple student use.

Kind Regards,
StudentSA

hi,
One option is the ExpressPCB freedownload of a schematic and pcb layout program.

Last edited:
Thank you Eric

I see the company will manufacture the board for you once designed.
Will I be able to use this program to print circuit board layouts that I can transfer and etch myself?

Regards,
StudentSA

another option is . you design the schematic from a vast libary of components and then you press turn to pcb. you then drag all the components onto the board and press autotrace and all the traces are joined. its quite simple. there is a free version which i have found is enough for me as i only do small boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back