Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optocopuler ILQ5 and its input demands

Status
Not open for further replies.

grekson

Hi, I would like to connect this optocoupler to some 8bit PIC MCU, but I have no knowledge how to connect input signals to this optocoupler. Inputs signals are 12V, 14V, 2V and some even shutter (12V pulse signal sometimes has only 8V and sometimes 13V). Now i know that optocoupler's input is basic a led emiting diode, but light diodes has data about resistance, max voltage and forward current so you can use this equation R=V/I to calculate which resistor is needed.
For ILQ5 there are to much data but I did find that max forward current is 10mA - this was under "aboulte maximum ratings". So is this the max current that led can handle? We still need led's internal resistance.

ILQ5 datasheet
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/vishay/83646.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back