Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optocoupler PC 817

Status
Not open for further replies.

will7o20602

Hi All ,

i'm totally new with optocoupler , so i need to use it nowadays with a microcontroller project to get a signal from the microcontroller and then control 12V contactor of a relay

Anyone can help me?

Attachments

• optocoupler.jpg
    optocoupler.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 196
i tried but it still not working. When i check there is 3.9 V on the 470 ohm resistor..

hi,
That very old type photo-coupler will not drive a relay directly, you require a drive transistor after the coupler.

EDIT:
Like this.

Attachments

• optocoupler.jpg
    optocoupler.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
additionally to ericgibb's I suggest to use a 6N139 optocoupler for direct connection to an MCU I/O pin.

The 6N139 transmitter requires 1.5mA only, thus keeping current requirements for I/O ports to a minimum.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back