Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optoisolator test inputs in circuit. How much voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

I have a circuit using an MOC3052. I am trying to verify it is getting signal to latch. I do not think it is and the command comes directly from a PIC16F786. I basically commanded the circuit to "go" and tested for voltage on pins 1 and 2 on the MOC3052. I have nothing.... Probably not what I wanted to see but wondering if this is a valid test?

The typical Vfwd of the LED is about 1.3 volts with a max of 1.5 volts and a forward current of 10 mA. Do you have a resistor in series with your LED? If you do then you should see the forward voltage drop of the LED on pins 1 (+) and 2 (-) when the PIC output is high.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back