Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad Power supply and GND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

I'm a newbie to OrCAD.

The problem that I have is that the when I connect a power supply in the schematic, and I try to generate the layout there is no track connected to the pin to which I connected the power supply, also there is no pin indicating the existence of a power supply or a GND, What is the problem?

Don't connect a power symbol directly to a power pin.
Connect the power symbol to the power pin using a wire.

Wherever necessary to establish different connectivity, you can place a net alias

It lets you connect two wires together by giving both of them the same label/name instead of drawing the wire between them- it'd get too messy with tons of overlapping wires running around everywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back