Oscilloscope - cannot adjust trace vertically

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioactives

Hi

I just got an old Advance OS2100 oscilloscope. All looks well and seem to work. But when adjusting the trace up and down, nothing happens other than the trace line splits into two lines. It's the same on both channels. It's not loaded with any signal.

Anyone know what to do?

Lasse

How is the vertical mode setup? Older scopes offered settings like Add, Alternate, Chop, etc. If running a fast sweep speed and if the vertical mode is in Chop you could be seeing the chop between channels. Generally Chop was used for slow sweep speeds and Alt for fast sweep speeds. Thus if you have those vertical mode choices which is selected? I am not sure what you mean by this:

But when adjusting the trace up and down, nothing happens other than the trace line splits into two lines. It's the same on both channels. It's not loaded with any signal.

Ron

The scope needs some calibration and possibly replacement of some faulty components. Y1 channel does not show the correct values in the lower mV, as channel Y2 does. But I believe that some error will correct itself after we have checked all the pots and connections. It's an old scope and has not been used for some years.

I have a friend that is quite good with scope that will take a look at it later this week, so hopefully it will be as new after his visit...

Thanks for your replies!

Lasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…