Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfx4

On CraigsList there is a Hitachi V-302B Dual Trace Oscilloscope for $50. Is it a reasonable machine?? I will be unlikely to use it to its capabilities--just for checking automotive signal sources and PIC signals. The price seems right though.

Or a HP Oscilloscope model 1200A for $160??

Of course the more expensive one is closer to me.......

Last edited:
For simple auto work the simpler the better. These are thow-aways for you. Shop cost runs to $50 just to evaluate a breakage.

I just got a OMG mint Tek 422 off eBay. With shipping it came at $55. That's a perfectly good scope despite being born in 1965. There are quite reasonable Tek scopes on eBay usually running around $200-250 checked out professionally. (I got lucky. The seller didn't know how to display a 100% good screen image.)

Also, there is a UNI-T brand Model UT81B multimeter than also allows a USB display on a PC. Under $250. That's NIB with guarantee.

I fixed/calibrated scopes 500 years ago..... We were all analog back then. Wet or wire.

I just picked up a Tek 475 (200mhz), good condition, probes and calibrated for 200 clams. I bought it locally so I watched the guy run it through the paces, he even fed it a 400mhz signal and the scope displayed it halfway decent, these analog scopes can "stretch" a little. I didn't want to buy something off of ebay sight unseen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back