Our oil Problem This is True

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman23

I coppied this off the website You can go their and read it yourselves or read all the follow up articles about it.
I myself would like to find out allot more about this.

GOOGLE it or follow this link. It will blow your mind.

USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

The U.S. Geological Service issued a report in April ('08) that only scientists and oilmen knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota; western South Dakota; and extreme eastern Montana ... check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska's Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.

'When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.' says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years, reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin, but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada. For years, U.S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 41 years straight.

And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because
it's from TWO YEARS AGO, people!

U.S.Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World! Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006 Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction.

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates:

-8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
-18-times as much oil a as Iraq
-21-times as much oil as Kuwait
-22-times as much oil as Iran
-500-times as much oil as Yemen- and it's all right here in the Western United States.

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this!? Because the democrats, environmentalists and left wing republicans have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil.

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East - more than 2 TRILLION barrels. Untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find?
Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace - it has to.

Got your attention and temper up yet? Hope so!

I wonder what would happen if everyone of you that read this would copy it and send it to everyone you know. I bet their would be a bunch of P.O.ed people.
You should cpoy this and send it to your State and Federal Congressmen and representatives with a note saying that the gig is up and you want something done about it.
I hope this starts some meaningful conversation on this topic.

Last edited:
Where did you get the last 4/5 of your post from? I saw nothing of it in the link. That last 1/3 of your post is more significant than all the rest and has no references.

Last edited:
Isn't much of that area Indian (Native American) land, and untouchable? Guess most people don't even care about that anymore.

You know, I understand the 'getting off foreign oil' angle, but I thought we were currently trying to address the lack of better energy sources. 4.3 Billion is substantial, but that won't last forever. If the industry doesn't get past dinosaur gas, we're just passing to buck to the next generation.

My post #1,000!

Gas is going for $1.69 here now so I think the problem is over. And I hear I can get a GREAT price on a big GM SUV these days

Lefty

Last edited:
Sorry about that dknguyen I should have highlighted it. It does get a little lost in the typing. The last sections came from the Stansberry Report On line - posted 4/20/2006 .
My apologies.
Also just a note I did check it out on snopes. I just posted this to get peoples input on it. I for one am for alternative
fuels. The area that they are discussing is not on the Indian Nations. Maybe some of the oil is but not the Basin. They have started producing oil from this site and they discovered that oil they thought before to be unattainable with todays technology actually is attainable. If you look deeper into this by following the different links on the different sites it goes on tell you that 60% of oil produced in the United States is exported and we import our oil so Big oil companies can declare their losses each quarter and not pay taxes on the Billions of dollars they make. OK don't yell at me or anything I am just writing what is already printed on the net. Thanxs for reading this and have a great discussion. Happy Holidays Everyone

I know. If I could figure out a cheap way to store gasoline I would love to invest in about 20,000 gallons, you know buy low sell high, unlike my current IRA investment.
Lefty
The stuff does not keep too long as it comes from the pump. If you dump Stable in it you may get a year or two.

I know. If I could figure out a cheap way to store gasoline I would love to invest in about 20,000 gallons, you know buy low sell high, unlike my current IRA investment.

Lefty

Buy Oil futures no hasle with the technical stuff

Robert-Jan

If American government is smart, they'd forge ahead at breakneck speed to develop safe hydrogen power as well as other renewables, and keep our currently owned oil in the ground to supply the polymer industry as well as other oil-based items. Then another percentage of it could be sold to the highest global bidder after Venezuelan, Russian and Arab oil fields dry up. Maybe then the Feds will pay back that $800 billion they owe us taxpayers. Of course it won't happen in my lifetime!

Yeah I guess so.... kind of similar to Nigel Goodwinner or Nigel Badloser.

We are all loser's in this Game. Oil prices are falling and now drugs and heroine are getting big. The business of either are bringing in big profits for guns to wage a holy war against western interest's. These people are dead set to take us all back in time. When they controlled the middle east and the known world. Now it's a matter of time until they get some drug lords to bring in some small explosives over the boarder to hit America in the heart and sucker punch average Joe Americans. This will start a war from South America and we will have a new war to fight.

That's when all hell breaks loose.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…