Overall Circuit Explainations

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpsTN

I received an Eletronics Technician's certification in 1990, but I have been out of the field for many years. I still understand the basics and can design and build simple to moderate circuits. After being out of the field for 15 years or so, I have lost much of intricate information about "complex" circuits and need a source of explaination. For instance, you have a radio reception circuit, AM broadcast, Shortwave, FM broadcast or whatever. I can generally follow the circuitry but there will invariably be a capacitor here and a resistor there that seem to be out in left field. I know some of them are there for voltage or current control for ICs or for smoothing this or that or for overall circuit integrity, but is there a place I can see a moderate to complicated circuit with full explanation of all why the components were choosen? Thank You.

Not really... They're all so application specific you have to ask in that particular field why said component was used for that purpose. Electronics schisms after your current knowledge, you have to ask more specific question to figure out where and whom you need to talk to in order to further your understanding. That's why it's impossible to truly know everything about electronics, the branches themselves are so detailed that they even have branches and it's beyond human ability to cover every branch, unless you try to learn everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…