Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

overdriving GL3274

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hello; The a bove mentioned IC operates at 40Khz , can we receive about 200Khz modulated signal? if yes what spec to look for please advice . I know there will be atteunation but is it doable!

Rgds

The filter can be tuned for 30 to 70khz. Beyond that you might get it to work to 100khz.

I don't know what you want.
If the filter is set to 40khz and it sees a 200khz signal the attenuation will be about -30db as compared to the filter center frequency.
If the filter is set to 80khz and it sees a 200khz signal the attenuation will be about -25db.

Attachments

• GL3274.pdf
    309.6 KB · Views: 116
The filter can be tuned for 30 to 70khz. Beyond that you might get it to work to 100khz.

I don't know what you want.
If the filter is set to 40khz and it sees a 200khz signal the attenuation will be about -30db as compared to the filter center frequency.
If the filter is set to 80khz and it sees a 200khz signal the attenuation will be about -25db.

I need to measure laser signal bursts at 200khz . Can we set the filter in such a way that it provides least attenuation to this signal . Please let me know the formula for attenuation at desired freq say 200KHz . I guess from the plot on pg 38 a very low resistor would be required maybe 1K is it ok or to bear the attenuation offered by 80Khz filter for a 200Khz signal. Looking for educated guess...

I don't think it will work at 200khz. There is a graph of resistor to frequency and 80khz is off the graph. To get 20% higher frequency is probably OK. To get 2x is not OK. To get 3X (will not work).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back