OverPackaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Placed an order with a well known major component supplier. One of the parts was a Atmel328P. Look at how it was packaged
Most of the other components ordered were packaged the same. Talk about overpackaging!!

Attachments

• IMG-20130604-00233.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 286
What? There is no warning that the package MUST be opened by the END USER?

I've gotten packages with Tip-n-Tells https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...gclid=CIGM2dCtzLcCFVLNOgod_2sApA&gclsrc=aw.ds attached to the packages, but the devices were not activated.

One company I deal with for business supplies basically ships nearly everything in the same size box from multiple warehouses.

I still hate Styrofoam peanuts - They are like bugs that won't get off your arm.

I usually order from Digi-Key and they are somewhat more environmentally conscious, they don't use styrofoam peanuts but a wrinkled type of kraft paper that is recyclable.

I always shake my head at vitamin manufacturers, they will put 30 small little supplements in a plastic bottle that can hold 3000.

I've had a couple of IC's sent in a 2 foot square box. I've got a picture of it somewhere ....

I've also had a £200 hard drive sent wrapped in a single layer of cardboard - it managed to survive a 3 foot drop through the letterbox onto a concrete floor as well.

The two best known UK distributors have delivered me some parts in rather absurd packaging. A complete tray for one FPGA (something about 30cm long by 12 cm), in addition to individually packaged 78L05s, each in their own static dissipative bag.

The two best known UK distributors have delivered me some parts in rather absurd packaging. A complete tray for one FPGA (something about 30cm long by 12 cm), in addition to individually packaged 78L05s, each in their own static dissipative bag.

An anagram of "SR" or "RAN FELL" ?

i think I can beat all these stories. I recently got a 3+ kg parcel from China, a large cardboard box, which had a steel plate(!) attached to one end of the box wrapped in white paper and all stickytaped together as part of the box. I would have missed it if the empty box wasn't so heavy!

We can only guess, either they bumped the weight up to get in the next shipping bracket to save money, or they bumped the weight up just so they could charge me a lot more...

DOA? No it came through the post just fine. The steel plate is about 10" by 5" by 2.5mm, and looks cut on a guillotine. Maybe they do this regular enough to have a sheet metal guillotine there and some sheets of metal to cut up to the right weights...

HAHA, well DOA would have been pretty bad reputation especially with packing like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…