Ozon Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineyoon

Hi!

I'm korean, Now i will desgn to make ozon generator.

And so, if you informe to me about circuit of diagram, i will very appreciate to ....

thank!

What about a 'FLYING CAPACITOR'?

It does fly and produce a lot of ozone, so you will have a flying ozone generator

Why do you need one really?

Last edited:
From Ozone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Industrially, ozone is used to:

* Disinfect laundry in hospitals, food factories, care homes etc;[39]
* Disinfect water in place of chlorine[5]
* Deodorize air and objects, such as after a fire. This process is extensively used in Fabric Restoration;
* Kill bacteria on food or on contact surfaces;[40]
* Sanitize swimming pools and spas
* Scrub yeast and mold spores from the air in food processing plants;
* Wash fresh fruits and vegetables to kill yeast, mold and bacteria;[40]
* Chemically attack contaminants in water (iron, arsenic, hydrogen sulfide, nitrites, and complex organics lumped together as "colour");
* Provide an aid to flocculation (agglomeration of molecules, which aids in filtration, where the iron and arsenic are removed);
* Manufacture chemical compounds via chemical synthesis[41]
* Clean and bleach fabrics (the former use is utilized in Fabric Restoration; the latter use is patented);
* Assist in processing plastics to allow adhesion of inks;
* Age rubber samples to determine the useful life of a batch of rubber;
* Eradicate water borne parasites such as Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium in surface water treatment plants.

Ozone is a reagent in many organic reactions in the laboratory and in industry. Ozonolysis is the cleavage of an alkene to carbonyl compounds.

Many hospitals in the U.S. and around the world use large ozone generators to decontaminate operating rooms between surgeries. The rooms are cleaned and then sealed airtight before being filled with ozone which effectively kills or neutralizes all remaining bacteria.[42]

Ozone is used as an alternative to chlorine or chlorine dioxide in the bleaching of wood pulp[43] . It is often used in conjunction with oxygen and hydrogen peroxide to eliminate the need for chlorine-containing compounds in the manufacture of high-quality, white paper[44]

Ozone can be used to detoxify cyanide wastes (for example from gold and silver mining) by oxidizing cyanide to cyanate and eventually to carbon dioxide.[45]

[edit] Consumers

Devices generating high levels of ozone, some of which use ionization, are used to sanitize and deodorize uninhabited buildings, rooms, ductwork, woodsheds, and boats and other vehicles.

In the U.S., air purifiers emitting lower levels of ozone have been sold. This kind of air purifier is sometimes claimed to imitate nature's way of purifying the air[46] without filters and to sanitize both it and household surfaces. The United States Environmental Protection Agency has declared that there is "evidence to show that at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone is not effective at removing many odor-causing chemicals" or "viruses, bacteria, mold, or other biological pollutants." Furthermore, its report states that "results of some controlled studies show that concentrations of ozone considerably higher than these [human safety] standards are possible even when a user follows the manufacturer’s operating instructions."[47] The government successfully sued one company in 1995, ordering it to stop repeating health claims without supporting scientific studies.

Ozonated water is used to launder clothes and to sanitize food, drinking water, and surfaces in the home. According to the FDA, it is "amending the food additive regulations to provide for the safe use of ozone in gaseous and aqueous phases as an antimicrobial agent on food, including meat and poultry." Studies at California Polytechnic University demonstrated that 0.3 ppm levels of ozone dissolved in filtered tapwater can produce a reduction of more than 99.99% in such food-borne microorganisms as salmonella, E. coli 0157:H7, and Campylobacter.[48][40] Ozone can be used to remove pesticide residues from fruits and vegetables.[49][50]

Ozone is used in homes and hot tubs to kill bacteria in the water and to reduce the amount of chlorine or bromine required by reactivating them to their free state. Since ozone does not remain in the water long enough, ozone by itself is ineffective at preventing cross-contamination among bathers and must be used in conjunction with these halogens. Gaseous ozone created by ultraviolet light or by corona discharge is injected into the water.[51]

Ozone is also widely used in treatment of water in aquariums and fish ponds. Its use can minimize bacterial growth, control parasites, eliminate transmission of some diseases, and reduce or eliminate "yellowing" of the water. Ozone must not come in contact with fish's gill structures. Natural salt water (with life forms) provides enough "instantaneous demand" that controlled amounts of ozone activate bromide ion to hypobromous acid, and the ozone entirely decays in a few seconds to minutes. If oxygen fed ozone is used, the water will be higher in dissolved oxygen, fish's gill structures will atrophy and they will become dependent on higher dissolved oxygen levels.

Learned something weird, ozone is considered a 'greenhouse' gas. Back in the 70's the hole in the ozone layer was the big eco-scare, and l caused the ban on aerosols and some refrigerants. Wonder if saving the ozone layer, turned out to be a major cause of this so-called, 'Global-Warming' trend? If we go all out on the global warming, as we did with the ozone-hole, what will be the new horrific result of our tampering with natural processes?

Back on topic...
Ozone has been used for a long time to disinfect and deodorize, its also highly toxic if you breath enough, so you should be careful around it. Either make sure you are in an open, well vented area, or make sure the ozone is contained and isolated...

Ozone generator

Now i will desgn to make ozon generator.

And so, if you informe to me about circuit of diagram, i will very appreciate to

You will design and we give you circuit...?

How can anybody design a system, without a specifications, application details? Search the web, it's been done for 70 years or more, shouldn't be hard to find. There are dozens of commercial and consumer level products available. I've seen units, and just the guts on surplus sites. Do some work for yourself, then maybe we can help work out some of the details.

Basically, anything that can produce an arc, will produce ozone. The more arcs, the more ozone produced. You will be working with voltages high enough to give an unpleasant (if lucky) shock. The arcing will produce radio interference, possible UV radiation, and of course ozone is toxic.

I know how it's produced, some uses, but was never interested in intentionally producing ozone. It was just an unfortunate byproduct of my Tesla Coil experiments years ago.

What is the intended use for the ozone you produce?
What volume of ozone do you require to satisfy your requirement?
How quickly do you need to produce the volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…