P16PRO40 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChriX

Can't really belive im posting as it appears to be such a common problem, but i've spent hours searching and trying and nothing is helping.

I've got a P16PRO40 programmer which I used to use on both my desktop and my laptop without problems. Left it unused on my desk for a while and tonight i've come to use it again and it won't program anything using either my desktop or my laptop.

I'm getting program errors (address=0000, buffer=3007, device=3FFF). I get the same error no matter whether a chip is present or not. I have tried blanking a chip I know has a program on it and works but it wouldn't even blank it. I'm using the same PSU i've always done (12VAC), nothing has changed at all in my setup so i'm pretty annoyed that it's not working when i've come to use it.

Any ideas appreciated as i've been pulling my hair out over this for hours now.

You can ignore the above now! After all that time I never thought to actually check the hardware, turned out one of the transistors had been pushed through and the solder joint broken.

Problem solved!

What software are you using, I have the same programmer and looking for something that does most 12 and 16 PICs

I was using PicallW but now i'm using Nigels software as it seems a lot less tempremental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…