Pads and FPGA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I"d like to use Pads 2007 to create a hardware design using an FPGA. I'd like to create the different banks for the FPGA like how they show in reference design but can't figure out a simple way to do it in Pads. Anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks

-mike

Are you talking about how you can represent a single components in schematic capture as many separate symbols for a more organized and cleaner schematic? (ie. representing a quad op-amp component as 4 symbols of on op-amp each so that the symbols can go right where they are needed in the schematic instead of all connections winding their way to a single op-amp symbol).

During schematic symbol creation their should be an option that says something like homogenous and heterogenous. Homogenous is where all symbols for the component are similar (like 4 op-amps in a quad op-amp component) and hetergenous is where each symbol of the component is different (like the banks of an FPGA or MCU). I'm not sure what PADS is like but that's how it is in OrCAD. THere's a separate option to select how many symbols you actually want.

Last edited:
dknguyen,

yes. I would like to have a total of 5 blocks for my fpga in my schematic. I tried doing it the way we do our FF's(74hc74) where you have two boxes where either box can be put anywhere in the schematic yet they are part of the same chip. I attached an example of what I"m looking for/trying to do

Attachments

• fooch.pdf
    553.9 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…